Breakfast is my second favorite food.
Next to tacos.
But waking up and cooking myself an appetizing breakfast ironically contributes to my most hated thing- doing dishes. Meh…
I want pancakes, bacon, hash-browns AND gravy – like every morning if I could. Unfortunately I am not getting the most sleep right now – my youngest son has terrible eczema that won’t allow him, daddy or I to sleep longer than 6 hours at a time.
My solution is to find ways I can still enjoy all the morning deliciousness without having to work as hard for it at the time. Make a large batch of pancakes (maybe when you are having breakfast for dinner anyways?) and store the extras in the freezer for a quicker breakfast the following week without skipping the quality.
I know you can buy premade frozen pancakes but I don’t want to. Ha! I normally have all the ingredient’s needed stocked into my pantry – so why spend extra money on a convenience food? I’m too cheap I guess for that.
Plus homemade pancakes are always better in my opinion.
Freezer Pancakes from Scratch
10 Mins Prep – 15 Mins Cook
8-10 Servings (more if smaller pancakes)
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Combine dry ingredients (in large bowl) and stir to mix evenly.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a wet ingredients bowl, stir milk with eggs until frothy.
- Slowly add wet mixture to dry ingredients until you get a very thick consistency.
- Add melted butter and continue to stir.
- Add in the rest of the milk and egg mixture until you get the perfect pancake batter consistency – you want those smooth falling ribbons!
- Melt butter in frying pan on medium-high (I use 5 on a 1-10).
- Use a measuring cup(1/4 if small, 1/3-1/2 if regular sized) and drop batter into melted butter. Wait for the bubbles near the edges to appear.
- Flip and finish off raw pancake side – then throw onto some foil to cool while you begin your next set!
- Eat and enjoy or package up in a ziplock and look forward to having them later in the week!
Love love love me some pancakes. I love love love me some easy breakfast with the kiddos in the morning as well.